VietGAP stands for Vietnamese Good Agricultural Practices, which means Good Agricultural Practices in Vietnam. This is a set of criteria issued by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development for each product, group of fishery products, cultivation and husbandry guides producers to apply this standard to ensure: Technical Production techniques; Food safety; Traceability of products; Protect the environment and health.
Content Standards of VietGAP
1-Standards of production techniques:
– The aim is to use as little pesticide as possible to minimize the effects of chemical residues on humans and the environment:
– Intergrated Pest Management (IPM);
– Itergrated Crop Management (ICM);
– MRL = Maximum Residue Limits in the product.
– Food safety standards:
2-These standards include measures to ensure that there are no chemicals, contamination or physical contamination at harvest such as:
– The risk of biological infection: viruses, bacteria, molds;
– Chemical risk;
– Physical hazard.
3-Work environment: The purpose is to prevent abuse of farm labor:
– Health care, emergency, toilet facilities for workers;
– Training workers and social welfare.
4-Traceability: VietGAP focuses heavily on traceability, and in the event of an incident, supermarkets and retailers must really be able to solve the problem and recover the affected product. error. This standard allows us to identify problems from production to consumption.
Benefits of VietGAP for farmers
– Create safe and quality products.
– Products recognized by VietGAP standards are highly appreciated and easily circulated in the Vietnamese market.
– Increased consumer confidence in safe food; Protecting the consumer from the risk of unsafe food, bad health.
– The quality and price of the product is always stable.
– Create competitive advantage, enhance the brand of the manufacturer, processing, distribution.
– Create a sustainable farming industry by minimizing negative environmental impacts and securing social benefits.
– Create a close connection between the four houses: farmers, scientists, entrepreneurs and managers.
If Vietnamese farmers do not change the habit of spontaneous production as before, then not only are the problem of consumption and export of agricultural products in difficulty, but the “loss” Right at home “is also the inevitable outcome.
Please contact us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Hotline: 0869.881.869